‘Filmfare Awards’ nominations (40) & awards (4) of Anand Bakshi:
Thanks also to the songs’ co-creators – music composers, singers, directors, musicians, sound recordists, story writers, producers, cinematographers, actors….. it is always team work, no one is an island.
1) Sawan ka mahina, pawan kare shor – Milan – 1968.
(The song that received the #Filmfare award in 1968 was ‘Mere Desh Ki Dharti’ by esteemed lyricist Gulshan Bawra. Anand Bakshi was devastated when the song from Milan did not receive a Filmfare award; post this disappointment, he did not crave badly for awards even though he valued them. Because he felt he will never ever be able to write anything better than this song from Milan, so, he rather concentrate on writing songs than worry if his songs will receive awards, just do justice to the story & screenplay & characters and if the song gets an award it will be like a Diwali bonus.
He would add, “Waise bhi, duniya mein aisa koi kaam nahi, jiss mein har saal bonus milna hi chahiye, ya phir milta hi hai. Sab theek hai. Kaam pe dhyaan do.”)
2) Kora kakaz tha yeh man mera – Aradhana – 1970.
3) Aane se uske aaye bahaar – Jeene Ki Raah – 1970.
4) Bindiya chamkegi, chudi chankegi – Do Raaste – 1971.
5) Na koi umang hai, na koi tarang hai – Kati Patang – 1972
6) Chingari koi bhadke, toh sawan use bhujaye – Amar Prem – 1973.
7) Hum tum ek kamre mein bandh hon, aur chaabi – Bobby – 1974.
8) Main shayar toh nahin, magar eh haseen – Bobby –1974.
9) Gadi bula rahi hai, seeti baja rahi hai – Dost – 1975.
10) Aayegi zaroor chitti, mere naam ki – Dulhan –1976.
11) Mehbooba o mehbooba – Sholay –1976.
12) Mere naina sawan badho, phir bhi mere man pyasa – Mehbooba – 1977.
13) Parda hai parda, parda hai parda – Amar Akbar Anthony – 1978.
14) Main tulsi tere aangan ki – Main Tulsi Tere Angan Ki – 1979.
Part 2 – Main Tera Kya Le Jaoongi – Lata M
Part 3 – Maat Ro Behna – Lata M
15) Aadmi musafir hai, aata hai jaata hai – Apnapan – 1979. (Awarded).
16) Sawan ke jhoole pade – Jurmana – 1980.
17) Dafli wale, dafli baja – Sargam – 1980.
18) Seesha ho ya dil ho, aakhir, toot jata hai – Aasha – 1981.
19) Om shanti om – Karz – 1981.
20) Dard e dil, dard e jigar – Karz – 1981.
21) Bane agar dushman zamana humara – Dostana – 1981.
22) Solah baras ki, bali umar ko salaam – Ek Duje Ke Liye – 1982.
23) Tere mere beech mein, kaisa hai yeh bandhan – Ek Duje Ke Liye – 1982. (Awarded)
24) Yaad aa rahi hai, teri yaad aa rahi hai – Love Story – 1982.
25) Jab hum jawaan honge, jaane kahan honge – Betaab – 1984.
26) Sohni chanab de kinare pukare tera naam – Sohni Mahiwal – 1985.
27) Zindagi, har kadam, ek nayi jung hai – Meri Jung – 1987.
28) Lagi aaj sawan ki, phir woh jhadi hai – Chandni – 1990.
29) Choli ke peeche kya hai – Khal Nayak – 1993.
30) Jaadu teri nazar, khushboo tera badan – Darr – 1994.
31) Tu cheez badi hai mast mast – Mohra – 1995.
32) Ghar aaja pardesi tera desh – Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge – 1996.
33) Tujhe dekha toh yeh jana – Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge – 1996. (Awarded)
34) Bholi si surat, aankhon mein masti – Dil To Pagal Hai – 1998.
35) I love my India – Pardes – 1998.
36) Zara tasveer se tu, utar ke saamne aa – Pardes – 1998.
37) Taal se taal mila – Taal – 2000.
38) Ishq bina kya jeena yaron – Taal – 2000. (Awarded)
39) Humko humise chura lo – Mohabbatein – 2001.
40) Udja kaale kawan – Gadar Ek Prem Katha – 2002
Filmfare Awards of Anand Bakshi:
Thank you to all co creators of these songs who made this possible.
There are a few unreleased songs from released and unreleased films I have made available on his YouTube channel for listeners, as they belong to you all. Songs of Mahesh Bhat’s Dhun, Hiren Khera’s Hey Ram, Raj Kapoor’s Satyam Shivam Sundaram and others. The song from Dhun by Mehdi Hassan, Talat Aziz and one from Hey Ram by Lata Mangeshkar and Mohammed Rafi are two spiritual lyrics that are amongst his best writing, moreover, reflect the soul of the daddy we the family were privy to. I wish you look them up. Stay inspired.
(Work in progress, your feedback, suggestions, corrections are welcome at firstname.lastname@example.org)
Some of my favorite films of Anand Bakshi and people he teamed with to co-create those songs are from these films:
Bhala Admi, C.I.D. Girl, Ek Armaan Mera, Lal Nishan, Maine Jeena Seekh Liya.
Mehlon Ke Khwab, Jasoos, Zameen Ke Taare, Razia Sultana, Warrant, Banke Sanwaria, Aaye Din Bahaar Ke , Kala Samunder, Jab Se Tumhen Dekha Hai, Phool Bane Angaare, Mr X In Bombay, Himalay Ki God Mein, Teesra Kaun, Aasra, Chhota Bhai, Devar, Aamne Saamne, Chandan Ka Palna, Night in London, Taqdeer, Raja Aur Runk, Anjaana, Aya Sawan Jhoom Ke, Jeene Ki Raah, Jigri Dost, Mahal, Sajan, Mehndi Lagi Mere Haath, Jab Jab Phool Khile, Milan, Farz, Aradhana, Do Raaste.
Aan Milo Sajna, Geet, Ishq Par Zor Nahin, Jeevan Mrityu, Kati Patang, Amar Prem, Khilona, My Love, Mere Humsafar, Sharafat, The Train, Aap Aye Bahaar Ayee, Dushman, Haathi Mere Saathi, Hare Rama Hare Krishna, Main Sunder Hoon, Maryada, Mehboob Ki Mehndi, Mera Gaon Mera Desh, Naya Zamana, Paraya Dhan, Mome Ki Gudiya, Uphaar, Anuraag, Apna Desh, Jawani Diwani, Raja Jani, Seeta Aur Geeta, Zindagi Zindagi, Bobby, Heera Panna, Jheel Ke Us Paar, Jugnu, Kuchhe Dhaage, Loafer, Namak Haraam, Raja Rani, Manchali, Shareef Budmaash, Aap Ki Kasam, Ajnabee, Dost, Majboor, Prem Nagar, Roti, Chupke Chupke , Julie, Pratiggya, Prem Kahani, Sholay, Aap Beati, Balika Badhu, Barood, Bairaag, Charas, Maha Chor, Mehbooba, Amar Akbar Anthony, Anurodh, Apnapan, Dharam Veer, Dream Girl, Mukti, Yehi Hai Zindagi, Aahutee, Satyam Shivam Sundaram, Azaad, Dil Aur Deewar, Main Tulsi Tere Aangan Ki, Pati Patni Aur Woh, Shalimar, Gautam Govinda, Jurmana, Kali Ghata, Mr Natwarlal, Sargam, Suhaag, The Great Gambler.
Aap Ke Deewane, Aasha, Aas Paas, Abdullah, Dostana, Hum Paanch, Judaai, Karz, Patita, Shaan, Ek Duje Ke Liye, Love Story, Naseeb, Rocky, Bemisaal, Desh Premee, Ghazab, Rajput, Shakti, Teri Kasam, Vidhaata, Andhaa Kaanoon, Arpan, Avtaar, Betaab, Coolie, Hero, Lovers, Nastik, Woh 7 Din, Zara Si Zindagi, Sohni Mahiwal, Aar Paar, Meri Jung, Yudh, Amrit, Karma, Naam, Nagina, Sindoor, Shahenshah, Chaalbaaz, Chandni, Ram Lakhan, Tridev, Awaargi, Agneepath.
Akayla, Hum, Lamhe, Saudagar, Angaar, Heer Ranjha, Khuda Gawah, Kshatriya, Parampara, Vishwatma, Darr, Gumraah, Kha;l Nayak, Sahibaan, Mohra, Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge – DDLJ, Ram Jaane, Trimurti, Dhun, Jaan, Rajkumar, Tere Mere Sapna, Ankhon Mein Tum Ho, Deewana Mastana, Dil Toh Pagal Hai, Ghulam – E – Mustafa (Musthafa), Gupt, Pardes, Dushman, Jab Pyaar Kisise Hota Hai, Jhooth Bole Kauva Kaate, Zakhm, Aarzoo, Dil Kya Kare, Kachche Dhaage, Taal, Love You Hamesha.
2000, 2001, 2002
Hadh Kar Di Aapne, Yeh Raaste Hain Pyaar Ke, Nayak, Pyaar Ishq Aur Mohabbat, Rahul, Raju Chacha, Mohabbatein, Gadar – Ek Prem Katha, Asoka (1 song), Yaadein, Mujhse Dosti Karoge, Hum Kisi Se Kam Nahin, Kranti, Kitne Door Kitne Paas, Na Tum Jaano Na Hum, The Hero.
Yeh Jo Mohabbat Hai (1 song)
– Rakesh Anand Bakshi